chuntastic

Monday, May 21, 2007

Zombie Week Day 2

Talking about zombies just makes my mouth water. I'm pretty happy that I decided to have this week. And today we get to talk about none other than the classic zombie.




This zombie came from the genre defining movie Night of the Living Dead, directed by the father of zombie movies, George A. Romero. The Romero zombie is pretty much what you think of when you think of a zombie. They are slow and sluggish. They are the dead come back to life and they want to eat your flesh. If you were ever forced to deal with one of these guys, you would be better off just avoiding it. They are slow but they are strong and they have a lethal bite. They don't talk but do moan a lot, I suppose I would moan too if I had a top speed of 2 miles an hour and my prey can go 15 easily.

It would be quite easy to get away from one but their strength lies in numbers. When a hoard of them are surrounding your house you are in big trouble. Your best bet is to fortify where ever you are as much as you can and stick to the second floor with only a rope to get to the next level (zombies are not known for their dexterity and have enough trouble with step ladders). You can kill these zombies with enough damage to their head or brains.

One thing I always wondered about these zombies was that they craved flesh but did not eat one another. So at what point does a zombie stop eating a victim? Till it's dead? Till it becomes a fellow zombie? If the latter were true then is there an awkward moment when a new zombie just stares at the guy eating him and go... "do you mind?"

The latest version of this zombie would probably be Shaun of the Dead, a great movie and worth a viewing. Hell, any of those zombie movies are worth viewing but some people tell me they don't like zombie movies and then I just stare at them like they just said they can hear bees farting.

Chun out.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home