chuntastic

Wednesday, March 28, 2007

Thank You, Ten-Year-Old Chun

When I was ten years old a movie came up late at night titled Mazes and Monsters. I thought "it's called Mazes and Monsters? It'll be a fantasy movie, I have to watch it!" As the movie progressed I soon came to the realization that not only did the movie lack any fantasy but it featured an anti-roleplaying story telling you about the dangers roleplaying and how it can make you go crazy. Ten-year-old Chun did the right thing when he realized this. He turned the blasted thing off even if it was one of the first performances of Tom Hank's acting career.

Unfortunately, I didn't take Ten-year-old Chun's advice. Recently some friends decided to netflix this movie and made us watch it in some form of cruel torture. Strangely enough I knew exactly when I stopped watching this movie 17 years ago. It was during the emotionally melodramatic montage scene accompanied with the most ear drum poisoning music I have ever had to encounter.

Anyways I just wanted to take this time to thank Ten-Year-Old Chun for keeping this horror from my eyes for so long and apologize for failing him now. You were right, I was wrong.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home