chuntastic

Monday, January 21, 2008

ABNA Update

This contest has been pretty darn educational for me. Here are some of the things I've figured out. My novel is way more bloody than the regular book reader cares to read. I've been getting a lot of reviews about how excessive it is. To be honest it's a horror story but you can't sell horror these days to the major publishers unless your name rhymes with Even Wing or Mean Boots. So I decided to label it a dark urban fantasy, which is another label for horror. But that label doesn't exist in regards to the contest so I threw it in under the Sci-fi and fantasy genre. I really wasn't sure where else I could put it.

I wanna thank everyone who put up a review for me. I think all those positive early reviews will help with the judgment of future ones, including the much important Publisher's Weekly review. You should also be aware that the next deadline is Feb 15th and not early March like I said before.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home